Thursday, September 2, 2010

Karaoke FIRE

Oath :  On my honor I try my best to serve God. I do not judge the weaker human.  The best I can...

It's very hard to do on Karaoke night.

I walk into a bar on Karaoke night as a singer.  It's what I do.  Everyone in there is a 'something' who sings a bit of Karaoke.  They sing,  I wail.  I impres the crowd, and with a few followers, head to my glass of beer in the back where I am sitting.

Certainly making note of my extra long kinda epic Gladys Knight song, this man wants me to know that he will be singing soon.

"Great!",  I say. (smiling) "Can't wait to hear it!"

He replies back big grin, "YEAH!!!! I'm gonna ROCK OUT!!!!!!"

"AWESOME!" I sweat it not at all... I'm just like "Yeah man!! Rock it OUT!!!".  Expecting nothing less.

Nothing less than a good song.

You could be the worst singer in America.  You could have a dang line of coke in the bathroom seconds before being called.  I only think it's important at Karaoke, that if you are willing to let everyone know you are ready to rock out........

You better have some good damn song.  OK wait.... There are many good songs.



However...

ROCK OUT.

Let's provide an example of this.  A young man I know occasionally will hit up a jam I go to and play Whipping Post by the Allman Brothers.   Now that's a rockin' out kinda song.

It's karaoke, there are countless numbers of rockin' songs.

This young  begins his song....

and sings "Accidentally in Love", by the Counting Crows.

Now, I said there are many good songs.  This is a great song, but not in the context of rocking out.

__________________________________________________________________________________

So she said what's the problem baby
What's the problem I don't know 
Well maybe I'm in love (love) 
Think about it every time
I think about it
Can't stop thinking 'bout it

How much longer will it take to cure this
Just to cure it cause I can't ignore it if it's love (love) 
Makes me wanna turn around and face me but I don't know nothing 'bout love 

Come on, come on 
Turn a little faster
Come on, come on 
The world will follow after
Come on, come on 
Cause everybody's after love

So I said I'm a snowball running 
Running down into the spring that's coming all this love 
Melting under blue skies 
Belting out sunlight 
Shimmering love 

Well baby I surrender 
To the strawberry ice cream
Never ever end of all this love
Well I didn't mean to do it 
But there's no escaping your love

These lines of lightning 
Mean we're never alone, 
Never alone, no, no 

Come on, Come on
Move a little closer 
Come on, Come on
I want to hear you whisper
Come on, Come on 
Settle down inside my love

Come on, come on 
Jump a little higher
Come on, come on
If you feel a little lighter
Come on, come on 
We were once
Upon a time in love 

We're accidentally in love 
Accidentally in love [x7]

Accidentally 

I'm In Love, I'm in Love, 
I'm in Love, I'm in Love, 
I'm in Love, I'm in Love,
Accidentally [x2]

Come on, come on
Spin a little tighter
Come on, come on 
And the world's a little brighter
Come on, come on 
Just get yourself inside her 

Love ...I'm in love 


____________________________________________________________


If this dude was trying to impress me with this song I don't know what the hell he was thinking.  I am never going to put Rocking out, and Counting Crows in the same category.

Never.


Sorry man.

Zeppelin, Hendrix....GnR man......

ROCK OUT.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment